- Primary Prevention is provided to all the children in the age group of 4 to 16 years with positive consents.
- Type and mode of delivery of preventive care under SOHP has evolved during the recent years.
- Biannual application of Fluoride varnish and Pit and Fissure Sealants on newly erupted Permanent molars and pre-molars are the forms of primary prevention performed under SOHP.
- Fluoride gel was replaced with Fluoride varnish since 2006.
- Prevention productivity has increased during the recent years which have been possible due to the efficient use of portable units for prevention.
- Today SOHP has 43 mobile teams for Sealants and around 30 teams for fluoride varnish application. These teams cover schools that do not have fixed dental clinics.
Figure: Fluoride Varnish Application
Figure: Sealant application by mobile teams using Portable units