Program Highlights and Future Plans
- Research is one of the major highlights of this program. SOHP has more than 20 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- All the clinical staff recruited receives theoretical and practical training pertaining to SOHP protocol but not limited to it.
- All our patient files in the centers are electronic since last 4 years.
- SOHP follows universal infection control procedures which are constantly monitored for quality assurance.
- Separate school-based clinics for children with special needs are another important milestone of SOHP.
- Recently the radiology technology here has been digitalized.
- Effective utilization of portable units for prevention has been a major achievement of this program.
- SOHP is the only school-based oral health program in the Gulf region and a rare one internationally covering such a large student population.
- Start an oral health prevention and education program for children below 4 years of age.
- Increase coverage each year and reduce the burden of dental caries.
- Collaborate and cooperate with other departments like Ministry of Education, Ministry of Trade, etc to achieve our objectives.